Deciding whether or not to employ a real estate agent when you buy or sell your next home is a question that you might have asked yourself in the past. If you are not sure if it would be good for use a Real Estate Agent, maybe this article might help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and written by the National Association of Realtors shows that ON THE MARKET By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the average FSBO listing sold for $150,000 while the average real estate agent assisted home sold for $215,000. While many people think that they can save time and money by selling the home on their own, this is often false. They also usually don’t always understand the trials that come along with selling their house FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? Understanding the housing marketplace and listing their home at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling estate agents everything out.
? Having enough time to devote to all areas of the sale. This would be marketing the home, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails about the home, etc.
? Determining whether or not they should spend extra money to prepare or fix up the home.
? Selling the home inside a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a house is typically the biggest investment most people can make within their lives. Whether you’re buying a new home or selling your existing home, an agent can help protect your interests and potentially save you a large amount of money. We have compiled a listing of benefits for both the homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is normally not required to pay the real estate agent. When a real estate agent represents a house buyer on a purchase of a home, the commission earned by that agent is paid for by the seller of the home. The commission is removed from the sales price.
2. Real estate agents have access to the MLS (MLS). The MLS is a serviced provide to real estate agent that gives them the most up today information on homes that are for sale in your area.
This service is not available to the general public. With the MLS a realtor can find out information regarding the home like, taxes, how long it’s been listed, price changes, special features on the home etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the region. A real estate agent should be able to tell you about the neighborhood, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are offered in the areas that you will be looking to purchase.
4. Agents learn how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a home can often get very hard. In today’s market it is not uncommon to ask for closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often realtors have the ability to negotiate items in the house like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture in to the sale of the house. Your real estate agents job is to ensure you get the best deal.
5. Agents keep carefully the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you will have a lot of tasks that need to be completed in a brief amount of time. Your agent will help you keep track and orchestrate all of the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent is worth the commission. As soon as you actually consider everything your agent will do for you personally from the time they list the home to the time it sells, the commission paid compared to that agent is normally money well spent. Quite often an agent can help you get your home sold much faster and for more income than you could have by yourself.
2. Agents understand the current housing market. Choose an agent that lives in your area. This agent will understand a nearby, home values, benefits of the area, and the local competition.
3. Agents know how to sell your home. This is their job, and just like any other job should they don’t do a good job they get fired. An agent is a professional and really should know what they are doing. It is often a good idea to get an agents track record prior to permitting them to sell your house. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in the forex market. Their job is to attract buyers and sell the home.
4. Agents know what can make houses sell. Your agent should be able to give you suggestions about what could be done to the home to get it sold quicker. Anything from staging the home to making minor repairs or upgrades.